I'm sure regular readers are beginning to think I've left marketing for a job in event planning, but bear with me. Now that the book is out (have you purchased your copy yet?) I'm neck deep in putting together lots of opportunities for you to be part of the process - and that means lots of events.
Last month, 100 or so Texas Longhorns (and a few transplanted New Yawkas) pre-partied in Austin on the eve of the book release. This month, I'm bringing the party home to New York and -- if you live in or around NYC or just plan to be in town when it all goes down -- I'd love you to be part of it. All of which is a longwinded way of saying:
Powered is hosting the official microMARKETING Launch Party from 6:00 - 8:00pm on August 26th, at New York's unofficial home of social media: The Roger Smith Hotel. Here are just five reasons you'll want to be there...
- You've read the blog for years and this is a great opportunity to meet.
- You'd love an opportunity to hang out with 150 or so smart, interesting and (mostly) friendly marketers - meet your peers, network and mingle.
- You'd like to take part in celebrating the release of the book that Digitas' Jon Burg calls "remarkably refreshing".
- You want a signed copy of the book. Of course I hope you'll show your support by purchasing a copy from Amazon, 800ceoread or your favorite bookstore - and if you, bring it to the party and I'll be happy to sign it. But on top of that, all party attendees will receive a FREE signed copy, courtesy of Powered -- give it to your boss the next morning and you're virtually guaranteed a raise or promotion.
- Also free? Food and drinks... 'Nuff said.
- Bonus reason (good at marketing, not so great at math): what better way to round out your summer than with a cool party at The Roger Smith?
It's free to attend (did I mention free yet?) but for the purpose of keeping track of headcount (and to avoid an awkward situation involving you, a bouncer and a full body lift-and-toss), please pop over to the Eventbrite page and RSVP.
Let's pack the house. I look forward to seeing you there.